Our hair is exposed daily to various factors that may prevent it from growing healthy. The cosmetics industry has been trying to provide solutions to this common problem for years. Thus, we have the huge variety of shampoos, balms and many other “Hair repair” and “Hair growth” products.
Unfortunately, as we all know, hair care products can be very costly. In addition, many of them contain chemicals that can cause side effects or damage the scalp. Many people forget that nature provides us with a lot of DIY remedies, with very similar properties – some of them even more effective!
One of the best recipes we’ve found&tested is a moisturizing and rejuvenating hair mask that helps stimulate hair growth and strengthens it. And we think you should try it too!
What makes this mask so good?
This natural DIY hair mask is based on ingredients with powerful effects such as shea butter and essential oils. It will nourish your hair and scalp, and stimulate the healthy growth of new hairs.
The mask contains vitamins A and E, two antioxidants that diminish the damage caused by sun rays and hair toxins. In addition, it contains various phytonutrients and essential fatty acids that regulate the pH of our scalp and hydrate it.
Its amino acids and minerals will make your hair stronger and prevent it from falling. The way you apply it is through a massage that stimulates blood circulation, which in turn helps your hair to properly oxygenate and nourish, also stimulating growth.
Last but not least, this mask is ideal for those of us who suffer from dry hair, because it hydrates it deeply while softening and protecting the scalp.
What’s great about this recipe is that it is extremely easy to prepare and does not involve any expensive or hard-to-find ingredients.
Without further introduction, let’s jump straight to the ingredient list!
- ½ cup shea butter (100 g)
- ¼ cup of sweet almond oil (50 ml)
- ¼ cup of castor oil (50 ml)
- 5 drops of essential rosemary oil
- 10 drops of essential mint oil
- A heat-resistant container
- A wooden spoon
- A sealed glass jar
- A whisk
- lace the shea butter in the heat-resistant bowl and in a double boiler for a few minutes, until it melts down.
- After it melts, add in the castor and almond oils.
- Set your stove to low heat and mix the ingredients in, using the wooden spoon.
- Add in the essential oils and continue to mix for one more minute.
- Take the mixture off the stove, let it sit for a few minutes and, before it solidifies, pour it into the glass jar.
- Leave it in the fridge to cool for a few hours, then mix it with the whisk to get a creamy texture.
- Cover the container well and store it in a cool place.
How to apply
Gently apply the mask to your hair, start from the roots and work your way up. Massage it on your scalp in circular motions for around 5 minutes, allowing it to enter your skin, and then put a shower cap on your head. Leave the mask work its magic for 20 to 30 minutes, and then wash your hair with shampoo.
For optimal results, repeat the procedure two or three times a week. Although the results are not immediate, you will notice a remarkable difference after a few uses. There is no reason to spend your money on expensive products, when you can get the same results at home!