Hemp is one of the most versatile hemp-grown plants, that has been used in Chinese medicine for over 12,000 years as a tonic and regenerative remedy both in treating inflammation and for its laxative and diuretic effects.
Hemp oil is produced by cold pressing the seeds of the Canabis Sativa plant.
Rich in Omega 3, 6, 9 (anti-inflammatory, anticancer effect, lowers cholesterol, treats dermatitis, accelerates metabolism and helps burn fat), cannabinol (which has no cognitive or hallucinogenic effects), gamma-tocopherol (which has anti-cancer effects), and terpenes (anti-inflammatory and cytoprotective), hemp oil has numerous benefits for the human body, all proven by medical studies:
- Diabetes. Raphael Mechoulam, a medical chemistry and natural products teacher of at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, renowned for his expertise in the Canabis Sativa plant, said after his research that “CBD not only prevented the occurrence but stopped the development of diabetes.” Hemp oil balances blood sugar levels, improves insulin effect and relieves the complications caused by diabetes: angiopathy, diabetic neuropathy, progressive kidney failure, retinal damage, risk of vascular infarction, varicose ulcers, thrombosis.
- Cholesterol and hypertension. If you have high cholesterol, you should consider taking a hemp oil supplement. Research suggests that Omega 3-6-9 fatty acids help fight cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
- Cardiovascular health. In a large study which involved 13,000 people, it has been found that hemp oil regulates blood pressure and heart rate, has vasodilating action and prevents blood clots.
- The immune system. Cannabinol, composed of hemp oil, suppresses the compromise of the immune system (those suffering from Lupus, HIV, Hashimoto Autoimmune Thyroid, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, allergies), reducing future autoimmune attacks. Moreover, fatty acids help intestinal flora, eliminate toxins and decrease convalescence.
- Contributes to hormonal balance. Hemp is the only edible plant that contains gamma-linolenic acid, beneficial in the treatment of premenstrual symptoms and menopause. Clinical research suggests that hemp oil can act as a muscle relaxant, helping to calm menstrual cramps.
- Dermatological conditions. Thanks to the hight contents of Omega 3, 6, 9, along with vitamins A, B, C, D, E and cannabidiol, which inhibits sebaceous glands, hemp oil produces lipids that can regulate seborrheic and dry skin. In the numerous conferences held by the American Academy of Dermatology, the numerous benefits of Hemp Oil for improving or treating dermatological problems such as wrinkles, psoriasis, eczema and cellulitis have been presented and widely talked about.
Also, hemp oil is recommended for people suffering from various cardiovascular diseases, angina pectoris, hypercholesterolemia, inflammation and joint pain, asthma, viral or bacterial infections, skin disorders (eczema, psoriasis, acne, acne rosacea), migraine, premenstrual syndrome, gastric and duodenal ulcers, constipation, apathy, depression, kidney disease, leukemia and lupus.
Hemp oil is truly a magical supplement, efficient in treating a wide variety of conditions. If you haven’t considered it yet, you could try out taking hemp oil products for a few days, and trying to see if you notice any visible differences. It is one of those supplements that you might just fall in love with at first sight!